Tilt Criteria In Non Pots Patients

POTLUCK

I had a friend try the poor mans tilt test and the difference Lying to Standing was 33 points. I am wondering what percent of the asymptomatic "normal" population meets criteria, or if not what would a normal Lying to Standing HR change be?

Has anyone tested a family member etc., ( nonbiological relative like spouse ) or friend?

Or do any of the medical experts on here know of a study where they looked at this. Sort of a tilt test on controls.

My husband went from 72-80 and had almost no change in bp, even after 10 minutes. Just normal fluctuations. He is in pretty good shape, but he smokes. We did sitting to standing bc the doc said the effort of going from laying to standing can exaggerate the response (on a ttt you don't use effort to get vertical). If I go from sitting to standing I go 55 or so to 110+ pretty quickly.

Interesting, I also tested my hubby out of curiosity, his only went up 5 bpm, mine goes up 30 to 50 sometimes! And i haven't had a ttt yet, just the "poor man's" version at the er, so as of yet, not diagnosed as pots, but to me there is no doubt of it

No she is not. I am wondering why her HR went up so much also. I had her do it to get more of an idea what normal is. I had my parents do it a while back but Dad hikes bikes and even still runs some. His came out with a very small difference. Mom however has chronic fatigue. Mom's almost, though not quite met criteria. But my friends meets criteria, though she is asymptomatic. Thus I just wondered well how many asymptomatic people meet criteria?

potluck, ive often wondered the same thing. im currently very symptomatic and have been for a few years with hr's going from low 60's to 160's but after being diagnosed a couple years ago, i realized that i had the hr issues for at least a decade without any other symptoms. I really would like to know what causes/triggers/stops all the other potsie symptoms that can go along with it. i find it very odd.