Red, Burning Hands

roxie

I was about to post a question like this last night!

It happens to me after a raynaud's attack so my theory is that it is related to vasospasms somehow.

Mine go from freezing and numb to tingling to red and ON FIRE. Sometimes my finger tips and cuticles will swell also.

I have to run my hands under cold water.

I hope someone can shed some light on this for us.

Editing to add:

Also sometimes I will have raynauds and whatever this is occurring on the same hand, at the same time. Like 3 fingers will be numb and blue, while the other two are burning and red. Anyone else?

i hate bananas,

Did you just make a post about another type of rash? Or maybe I'm confusing you for someone else. You might want to look into chilblains. What you describe sounds very simliar to what I got when I went on BB's a few years ago. They can hurt and itch at the same time and feel better when cold. Hot water or warm temperatures makes them very painful.

There is nothing you can do about chilblains. They have to run their course, but it's good to rule out any other underlying issues that might be causing them. When I had them, it was all from the BB's.

Guest mattgreen

Yes. Both my hands and feet burn intermittently. My palms will also get so cold as to ache deeply. Ice can treat the pain in my feet, but my hands are far too sensitive.

I am due a biopsy to check for SFN.