Just A Vent

Mytwogirlsrox

I'm battling asthma/ reactive air way/ allergies/ eczema blah blah with my 3 year old and 1 year the past couple months! And now my youngest has croup! Wheezing, barking, strider etc.. These girls have been on more prednisone in the past month! They're already on singulair, I just feel like health wise my little family is falling apart! Although my pots is not bad, my anxiety is through the roof. I can't sleep, I'm glued to my one year olds pulse ox, thinking she is going to go into respiratory failure or possibly be damaged forever by this virus! I would just like to say down with POTS for making me into a health anxiety freak!!!

Hang in there! I have two kids and I remember this croup stuff. I have 12 year old that still gets a touch of this about twice a year. MAYO calls it spasmatic croup. Rest when the kids do so you don't over do it. Praying for you.

Oh how I know! My son had croup as a baby and it's so scary, the barking cough, the difficulty breathing, wheezing - you feel so helpless. He's had other respiratory illnesses a few times where he needed nebulizer treatments and you feel so bad having to watch them with the mask on, the hum of that machine going. And definitely having an illness of my own has made me more sensitive to the illnesses of others, especially my children. I get scared and am prone to thinking the worst because of my own experiences, but everything always turns out ok. They're healthy and happy. Try to stay calm - they're going to be ok. :)

I was a peds nurse and had two boys of my own. Respiratory problems are always scary with little ones, because their airways are so much smaller, and it always sounds way worse than it is...obviously they are being well taken care of by you and the doctors. So sorry you are having to deal with this. This is a bad time of year for allergies and asthma for me, as well :) Praying for your children, but that you also take care of yourself, because if you aren't well, who will take care of your children? Try to relax, and realize you can only do so much...

Edited by corina