Went To Get Root Canal Pulled This Morning

hippychic258

So I had a 7am appt to get my infected root canal tooth pulled the usual husband carries me in they were alll ready for me took a couple xrays and referred me to an oral surgeon. So after 20 minutes in the chair started to get shaky and nausea, I didn't have anything done, I wouldn;t of been able to do it even if they could of done it. So tomorrow at 10am I have an appt at the oral surgeons not sure how thats going to go but I have to get this tooth out it is infected under the root all those toxins going into my blood stream wondering if that is what is keeping me so sick?

Anyone had a tooth extracted when they were in a flare, what reaction can I look forward to with the novacaine? Isn't it bad enough that I have been sick and bedridden for 7 months now this?

Should I take an ativan not sure how I would react to that either, doesn't that lower your bp?

On a positive I have been able to take steps to and from the bathroom about 6 each way every time I go, no tachycardia but I still get tremors, and so light and sound sensitive the more I get up the more head and ear pressure though.

thanks

Infection has been implicated as a possible trigger for POTS. Hopefully clearing the infection with help you feel better. again apparently anything that causes an inflammatory response could trigger POTS flare up from what I understand.

Some people get sicker with even minor surgical procedures, temporarily. Surgery is another potential trigger. I have felt worse after biopsies, which one would think would not be troublesome. I would not postpone recommended surgery though due do that concern. I would let the surgeon know of the condition.

I always ask for epi-free painkiller. I was told when I had a minor surgical procedure recently, that the surgeon would reduce it but not eliminate it. They monitored my hr and bp and allowed me extra time to lie, and then sit and then stand slowly. Mainly I felt shaky afterwards.

Hope the procedure goes smoothly and you feel a lot better soon.

Thanks I am just so nervous about this seeing how I got sick this morning from basically nothing. I am so sensitive right now, but this tooth has to come out.

I'm so glad you posted. I've been thinking of you the last couple of days and hope you are able to get that tooth out.

I suspect temporarily the oral surgery will make you feel worse, especially if you are in a flare, but long term it will help. It is a bit after 11 now so I imagine you are with the Dr now. I am praying for you. Please let us know how it goes when you can.