Help. Can Pots Blood Pooling Cause Petechiae?

imapumpkin

My energy level has been in the toilet the past few days and has been getting worse. Standing upright for any period of time was a struggle today. I've trying to use external pressure stockings to keep my blood from pooling but this afternoon as I was visiting with a friend, out of nowhere I got all these little red spots on my leg and hand. Thank god for me, my friend is a 3rd year med student and he said it was petechiae. Could this be from the pots? I'm freaking out because everything I'm reading about it online says get it checked out ASAP it could be caused by something serious and of course this kind of thing only happens to me on nights and weekends when I can't see a doctor.

Any info you have is appreciated i'm freaking out!!

Pumpkin,

I haven't had any experience with this myself, but I did a quick search for Petechia on this site and lots of info came up. If you haven't done a search yet, you should try it because it looks like others have experience the same thing and/or something similar. It may be helpful

It's nasty and worriesome when we are hit with something new when our bodies are already a mess. :(

If you can't get to a doc right away to show them the red dots, I suggest taking pictures of the effected areas so they can see them. I don't know if POTS can cause this but it is definitely something that should be checked out. The things that can cause it range from minor to serious (I've looked it up before when I got some from being on steroids), so I wouldn't freak out but I would speak to a doc about it.