Bad Headaches With Hearing Loss

Sheila1366

I have been having the awful headaches. Numbness in the face,head and ears. My hearing even gets bad for awhile. Been going on for a few days but happened like this a few months ago, so bad I saw an ENT dr. to have my hearing checked. By the time I got in to see him , it was better. The numbness tends to be my right sided. I just bought some Advil migraine today. All i ahve for pain is tramadol, that's for my gastroparesis pain and it's like taking an asprin at thos point.

Anyone ever had this happen to them? I do see the neurologist at Vanderbilt til Jan. 24th.

Do muscle relaxants help at all, out of curiosity? Baclofen is quite popular, and personally I use diazepam (Valium) in combination with co-codamol - for some reason they don't work for me separately, but do help when combined. I suppose it's possible that muscle tension could be contributing to this problem, although I am guessing wildly, should not be taken as a medical authority, nor should you think that I'm telling you what meds to take!

I get weird situations with a sort of strange humming/vibrating sensation in my ears, combined with generally feeling crappity. I'm not sure if it's coincidence yet, but doing a spot of manual lymphatic drainage around my ears (search YouTube) seems to help for that.

The neurologist sounds like a good move.

I'm wondering about the possibility of a TIA (mini-stroke), but apparently headache isn't a feature of those, and isn't it meant to be the left side rather than the right?

Best of luck, this sounds stressful.