Mri Question

Monstrosity

Recently I saw a Neuro Surgeon after an MRI I had. The MRI was a Cine Flow MRI and it was being used to rule out Chiari Malformation. I was given mixed feedback from the Doctor... Needless to say he felt I should have an MRI of my neck. However I get bad pain in my neck, across my upper back, and my lower spine bothers me. So the question is he wants one done of my neck, should I push for a full spine scan? Can they do this, will the insurance co authorize it?

I would insist on a full spinal xray. It's all connected...I've never had one, and always wanted to check mine for stenosis, arthritis, curvature and MS. A chest xray I had once revealed kyphosis, too. Some girls dropped me on a cement floor when I was in college (I was always the skinny one getting picked up), and my tail bone has never been the same since :)

Recently I saw a Neuro Surgeon after an MRI I had. The MRI was a Cine Flow MRI and it was being used to rule out Chiari Malformation. I was given mixed feedback from the Doctor...

What does this mean - does he think you don't have Chiari malformation or might have it or...? I've had my entire spine looked at with MRI - cervical, thoracic, lumbar - these were each separate tests. My insurance covered it.