Side Effects Of Meds

gertie

Actually, with Meniere's you are supposed to remove as much salt from your diet as possible, and with dysautonomia, you are supposed to increase your salt intake. You have a conundrum....I also have to stay away from too much salt because of hypertension and fluid retention, and also am on a diuretic, which is very drying for us potsies, so I understand your conflict with medication. Do you need medication for motion sickness with this, because I take zofran and that helps...

Has anyone on here after taking so many meds, actually felt worse and just had to have a break from anything new after just being to sensitve for a while.

I am at the point where i dont think it matters what they give me at present, i need a break after so many this year.

Has anyone gone back to trying new meds after feeling this way and found success with tolerating them again a little while down the track?

I've started taking supplements in addition to my medication, which has helped me immensely. I see, diamondcut, that you have diabetes. Alpha Lipoic acid is supposed to be really good for that...it is found naturally in the body, you can only get a small amount from food, and you can't live without it. I would suggest doing some research on it. It is a fatty acid that is naturally found in every cell of the body and it converts glucose into energy, and it has an antioxidant effect, as well. It is used for peripheral neuropathies, diabetes, MS, Alzheimers, Chronic Fatigue, heart disease, eye disorders and brain function, but since you are already taking insulin, I would check with your doctor first before taking it.

Since a lot of my symptoms were MS like, I started doing research on the different supplements suggested for this, since our nervous systems are involved in our diagnosis, as well. See below, what I am taking...Mind you, that I am still on medication, too. You are always going to be fatigued when you start on a Beta blocker, change one or increase the dosage of one. Don't let that make you all give up on them entirely. I finally found the right one for me, and only now get tachycardic occasionally while exercising. I'm a lot calmer....

I think I know how you feel. I don't want to discourage anyone else from trying new meds or supplements but everything I've tried over the last 25 years has made me worse. I don't feel well taking Ativan but when I get vertigo I'm too sick to care if i live or die as long as I get some relief.