New Diagnosis

icesktr189

First let me say sorry for those who wrote me messages that i havent replied to! I was in the process of moving and havent had internet:/....so very sorry!

Well saw Dr. G and confirmed my POTS diagnosis. I am hyper 2 weeks out of the month, and very low the other two weeks. However, i told him about my eye problems, he noticed issues and sent me to an opthamologist who diagnosed me with optic neuritis in my right eye. Couple this with two positive ANAs, and i dont think there is much hope that there isnt some type of autoimmune disease. Im getting my MRI done next week. Havent had one in a year and a half, and when i did i refused imaging, so im kind of worried about what they will find. Wish me luck!

I have severe blurry vision to the point that my vision went to 20/60 in the eye. Also have pressure and a ton of blind spots. i had color issues, where i could not see red or green, but its comin back. Best way to describe it is that i feel like my brain is just shutting the eye down slowly. Also have bad focusing problems...if i see a movie in the theatres or read a book, it takes about an hour after for that eye to refocus itself. Dr Goodman found it by turning off the lights in the room and using a bright light back and forth to each eye. He said the right one dialates when light hits it, instead of constricting. Hey Arizona Girl! He did two different tests of cortisol and catelchomines depending on my symptoms... Two weeks out of te month i ave severe low bp with no adrenaline and the other two its sky high. Havent done the MRI yet, but ill post the reults when i do :)

Thank you, Dani, for explaining your eye condition. I've been having problems with my right eye, as I said, for a few years now, but it's getting worse. All the docs will tell me is they think it's part of migraine, but I have the eye problems all the time, without the migraine pain.

You take care. I'm so sorry for the issues you are dealing with. Will look forward to hearing your future results and hearing how you're doing.

Lindajoy