I Got Prescribed Florinef! Help!

ipad

After 3.5 years of lightheadedness, fatigue, and headaches, my endocrinologist prescribed me Florinef for my lightheadedness. I have a few questions:

1. What dosage should I start at? I am a 15 year old teenage boy, about 130 pounds. I was prescribed 0.1 MG tablets.

2. Will I have any side effects? Are side effects common among teenagers? Does Florinef stunt growth?

3. Does this medication work well on teenagers? Does anyone have any experience with teenagers taking this medication?

4. Is it dangerous to take this medication long term?

Thank you so much!

I'm sixteen and I take .1 mg too. For me it has helped with dizziness/ lightheadedness but that's it. Surprisingly I had no side effects at all, but it's different for everyone. I heard about the stunt your growth thing and things like that, but that is only in high doses and the dose I take is super tiny. I hope it makes you feel better!!! :)

My son started on florinef when he was 14(he is now 17). It did help his dizziness a lot. He did put on weight with it so try to stay active. It did not stunt his growth. He is now 6'2". He took it for almost 3 years without any signs of side effects other than the weight gain. He was able to stop taking it since dizziness is not a main symptom for him anymore.

My son is 15 and has been taking it (0.1 mg) for 2 years. He has grown 2 inches since then. He is 6'3 and weghs in at 243 lbs. It doesn't appear to have stunted his growth. I was told by a doctor that if something does stunt your growth it doesn't matter because eventually your body will acheive it's genetically pre determined height even if it just takes a bit longer due to something like not having food or some other reason. My son had no side affects. I was worried when I read the brochure from the pharmacy about the medication because it sounded scary but it has been very helpful in making my son feel better and we didn't notice anything but improvement. With all of the new meds. that my son started we decided to start with half of what the doctor said (unless it is time release - florinef is not). This has worked well and we found that we had to stay at a lesser dose on some of them but the full dose of Florinef is great for him. good luck. Have you been to a POTS doctor for evaluation??

My sister is on Florinef .1mg she is 13 and is MANAGED very well on it!!!!! She doesn't have any side effects on it either.

I am also on florinef and have been for a couple of years. I am extremely sensitive to meds but I didn't have any side effects from florinef. I am currently on .3mg but have been on .4mg before. When I started out I was on .1mg.

I hope this really helps you!!!