Trying The Holistic Approach

Here's my update:

I realized a few weeks ago that I wasnt feeling any better being on midodrine. I do like the energy from it but am sure there's a nonpharmaceutical way to get energy. Plus all the side effects from midodrine! So with Drs approval I have weaned myself off.

I feel a bit better- symptoms the same but no mido-side effects.

I saw an integrative dr this past week to get allergy testing- I want to see if there's anything at least aggravating this condition. He prescribed magnesium and licorice, which I am on day two of. I'm only taking about half of what he prescribed as I want to ease into it.

Additionally I found a wonderful acupuncturist and herbalist and will try that route. She wants to let me adjust a bit to the new regimen but already knows some herbs shed like me to try. As I am considering traditional Chinese medicine as a career, I am so excited to be starting on this path!

I am also adding meat (small amounts and gold quality hormone free etc) back into my diet, slowly and will be trying to eat warmer foods and liquids (since I tend to run cold). As possible, I will be adding gentle exercise in as well (previously I would hit the gym one week and be feeling great and then crash three days or a week later).

I figured I will post this here and add any updates as they come in. If anyone has done a similar regimen or has experience or questions please comment.