Parasthesia?

joyagh

I'm wondering if parasthesia if a symptom for any of you.

When I was pregnant and edema'd, I had severe and frequent tingling of my face, head, neck, shoudlers, hands, arms and torso. Also my arms tingle and would go numb after I've been sleeping. I've noticed this happening lately too, although much milder. It's very disconcerting.

I don't have lower extremity tingling, just torso & head & arms.

is this a common symptom for anyone else?

Oh yes I had extreme tingling all over my body for about 4 months it was so bad I didn't get out of bed I had no idea what it was it scared me. It started on my face and progressed from there. I don't know why or what caused it or wy it went away. Every once in awhile I will get it for a bit not not to bad.

Yes, I have parasthesia regularly- during onset it started in left side of face, then right side of face, then neck, head back, left arm, right foot, left foot, up the legs, etc. Almost daily my legs / arms fall asleep especially while I'm lying down or reclining in a chair. When I'm real symptomatic I have the feeling of icy spiders crawling up my back, neck, head. Docs really don't say much about it and frankly it is of lesser concern to me than the chronic faintness and fatigue.

Yes, I think this is a very common problem- for some more than others.

I suspect it has to do with cerebral hypo perfusion and peripheral hypo perfusion.

When it happens I try to compensate by moving my arms, legs, or pumping muscles to get blood flowing.

Did not have any until I started beta-blockers. I believe whatever I'm experiencing might be side effects of the meds I'm taking. I could go even further and say that I think beta-blockers are responsible for my POTS but I am no doctor...