When You Say Crash What Do You Mean Exactly?

A lot of people say when they do to much they crash, what exactly do you mean by that, you get tired or you get symptoms? Can you explain what you mean by crash? How long does it last?

Thanks

If I lose any sleep of have been sick, get overly hot or dehydrated, or don't eat enough I get exhausted, my HR goes to 130 and I get out of breath to the point of panting doing barely anything, my leg muscles ache and burn, I get lightheaded and uncoordinated, and basicaly all my symptoms get exacerbated by about 10X. Plus the headache. Takes a few days of taking really good care of myself to feel better usually.

When I talk about crashing, usually I mean my bp. If I overexert myself, I'll get to a point where my bp plummets and I start to feel as though I might pass out. My hr may go up or down, but either way I get lightheaded, dizzy, sick to my stomach, and I feel like I have to sit or lay down before I pass out. I usually don't pass out, but I can feel like I'm on the verge of it for hours.

I don't fully understand the 'crash' either. My son is sick everyday and spends 80 to 90% of his time in bed to ill to get up. I look at it as he must be in a perpetual crash, and on the occassional day where he feels good for a good part of the day and even leaves the house, those days are 'less symptomatic' (unfortunately few and far between these days).

I think we all have different definitions of the word "crash." I called it my daughter's "crash" when she went from almost normal one day to being completely symptomatic the next day. Her dizziness, headaches, and insomnia were back along with extreme fatigue. She was back to lying around most of her day and for the first time in almost 5 years of POTS, she had to go on homebound. This crash lasted from about October to May but I think it would've been shorter if she hadn't picked up every virus/illness on the face of the earth!

@Christy, my daughter was very much like you're describing with your son. She wasn't in bed all the time but she was unable to stand, sit, or walk for 3 and a half years. She had many more bad days with the dizziness than good. Now, she has more good than bad days. I hope and pray that will be the case very soon for your son. My daughter is 16 and I already feel like she's missed way too much of her childhood/teen years.And it's always that balancing act of "should he/she go out with friends or will he be too sick the next day?" It's so frustrating to always trying to anticipate what will happen next!