Need Help With Tilt Table Results!

miajnt

Im wondering if anyone knows what these results mean. The findings state normal sinus rhythm, sinus tachycardia and atrial tachycardia throughout different duration of the study. postural orthostatic tachycardia like response consistent with dysautonomia. Does this mean pots and something else. Im wondering about atrial tach because the doc did mention possible ablation and i know from reading ablation is not good for pots? Any input is appreciated

Hi miajnt - I'm a bit too brainfoggy right now to talk about the rest (sorry! today has been a wreck), but - my Holter (24-hour monitor) showed some atrial tachycardia as well as POTS-related tachycardia. They partially diagnose atrial tach via the different shapes of the p-waves (the first wave of each heartbeat). After my 9-month checkup with my cardiac electrophysiologist (during which I got a TTT, POTS/NCS diagnosis, and treatment), she agreed that what she saw as atrial tachycardia was probably just POTS. So you can have both POTS and atrial tachycardia, or just POTS. If it were me, I would personally avoid the ablation (I avoided getting one based on dinet's info) and get treatment for the POTS - the non-ablation treatment for atrial tachycardia is usually beta-blockers or calcium channel blockers anyways, and you might trial beta-blockers for POTS and kill two birds with one stone.

Does that make sense? Sorry for the rambling, blame my brain today.

thanks for the info. I definitely dont want ablation based on all Ive heard. If he wants to do it i will just say no and see what happens.I am on beta blockers, salt, water and exercise now and am making progress. slow but improving.Maybe mine is all pots like yurs!