Midodrine- "withdrawal" Or Does It Really Help?

Hi all-

I can't tell if my medicine actually helps me. I still experience all my symptoms, to some extent, on a daily basis. The only thing that makes me think it IS helping, is that I feel worse if I'm late on a dose, and better after taking it.

But I don't know if my body is used to being on the med, and for that reason feel worse when I'm late and better soon after?

Does anybody else feel this way? Anyone know if midodrine has any kind of withdrawal if you just stop taking it? Not going to do that, just want to explain the feeling.

Hopefully that all made sense :)

Midodrine worked for me to increase my BP and boost my energy a bit. I had less tachy periods I think b/c my BP was stable. One day I took my usual dose right after lunch (chinese) and my BP went too high. From that day on my pressure has seemed to be close to normal however I am still left with some lingering dysautonomia symptoms. Overall better for taking the midodrine. Actually, I miss that might BP was consistently low - it was something that I could actually count on. How's that for weird.

Westernmass,

I took it for about 3 weeks - did not see too many benefits and could not stand the side effects - bp went too high for me and the "itching" was unbearable. I stopped it cold turkey, but started florinef right away. I had no withdrawal symptoms, but if I were you I'd check with the dr/pharmacist.

Alex