For Those With Eds, Mcad/s, Or Chiari--

I have Joint Hypermobility Syndrome - depending on who you ask it's either a subset of hypermobile EDS type or a related condition. The joint pain and disability developed over time, but the joints were always hypermobile (moreso than for other kids my age) - they just didn't cause problems, and it's worth noting at least for joints that kids tend to have looser joints than adults anyways, so it can be hard to tell mild cases at first.

Have always been hypermobile. Always freaked friends out with my "tricks" of flexibility. Started having migraines at 7, which my POTS doc thinks is part of the whole ANS issue so that may have been an early sign. POTS/MCAD symptoms became a major issue after a surgery in 2007, despite being in really excellent shape before the surgery and then really became debilitating after another minor surgery in 2009.

I have HEDS and dysautonomia. Was born with Hypermobility EDS (obviosuly as it's genetic) and if I look back on my life there are symptoms of dysautonomia from as far back as I can remember. It's gotten worse as my pain levels have increased, probably due to lack of sleep and limited exercise.

Sometimes I struggle to know where the line is between the EDS pain and the dysautonomia symptoms.