Can Anybody Answer This??

Huh, Jangle! "POTS patients have naturally low levels of norepinephrine reuptake" ...... so even though I have high levels of nnorepinephrine, the reuptake is low?

And I would have never imagined that it was the serotonin that was eliminating the adrenaline surges. I thought those were being eliminated by Effexor CONTROLING the amount of norepinephrine

When my doctor calls me back I will try to get this straight. One thing though that confuses me is that he normally prescribes Cymbalta (another SNRI) for his POTS patients.....

If your are correct about the serotonin, looks like they would be prescribing 5HTP instead of an antidepressant?

One more thing mcblonde, my ssri dose is allegedly "clinically insignificant" However, I titrated down to it because any more and I was so sedated that I wasn't even responding to people when they talked to me.

One more thing mcblonde, my ssri dose is allegedly "clinically insignificant" However, I titrated down to it because any more and I was so sedated that I wasn't even responding to people when they talked to me.

Thanks Lemons! I missed what you said earlier. I think I've probably changed like that and need a very very small dose of whatever one.

Here's hoping I finally get a return call from the doc tomorrow so I'll know what his thinking is. Thanks!!

Hi guys,

I spoke to my dr today, because we were considering switching me from Lexapro to Effexor. I am feeling really good on Lexapro in terms of POTS, but I have gained 9 kilos (over 20 lbs) in 7 months,it is really affecting my sleep, and I am really fatigued all the time.

The good news, is that she says we can cut Effexors in half, so that may be an option for you, McBlonde.

The bad news, I am worried that the SNRI may not work for me the way the SSRI does, like Jangle said.

I am scared to try, but I am scared not to. (I am trying to get it all - to feel well, not be exhausted, and not be fat!)