Supplements?

Hi all,

I've tried searching for similar topics but couldn't find anything that was quite what I'm asking. I also remember a post in the near-past where there was a big list of meds/supplements/etc and what they do to help pots-- couldn't find that one either.

What kind of supplements do you all take? Things specifically for pots, and for general health? I would like to incorporate some into my regimen (with dr's approval), but since my doc's haven't mentioned any kind of supplements/vitamins to me, I figured I'd compile a list here and go in armed with info before I start :)

OK- don't know how to edit my post :)

I'd also like to ask about what kinds of "alternative" therapies/treatments people have tried??

I just read about "chelation" to get rid of heavy metals from the body-- it claims to help revers neurological disorders?

What all have you tried, other than the standard pharmaceuticals and fluid/salt etc. ??

I take a hypo allergenic multivitamin/mineral, vitamin D 1000, magnesium 200 and a probiotic every day. I don't megadose anything; I found out the hard way that it messes me up big time! When I first got sick I wasn't taking any of these things. It seems to be a good combo for me.

I take a combo iron/vitamin C pill and an adult gummy multi-vitamin. I could probably do without the gummy vitamin, but it ensures that if I have a day where I don't eat as well as I probably should, I still am getting what I need. The iron helps me a lot though, I felt like I was low on iron, but the doctors just kept telling me I was not anemic. Then, my iron stores were tested, and those were super low. Not surprising considering I have really heavy menstrual cycles and don't eat red meat or very many dark greens.

Also, I don't know if this counts, but I've found that cutting out dairy and drinking alternative "milks" has helped me a lot. I'm not lactose intolerant per se, but dairy does have a way of making me uncomfortable.