What Are The Symptoms Associated With Mcas Or Mcad

HI

I am having weird hot flashes and surges and some itching afterwards, I know nothing about MCAS and was wondering what the symptoms are and how you get diagnosed and what helps? Does it cause Pots or does Pots cause it?

Thanks

We are in the process of getting my daughter tested for this also. Some of the tests that they run to evaluate whether or not it is MCAS are a tryptase blood test, a 24 hour urine histamine test and a PGD2 24 hour urine test. So far my daughter has had normal test results (we are still waiting for results from PGD2 urine test).

Although, as I understand it, you can still have MCAS and it may not necessarily show up on the test if the test is run incorrectly or if the test is not performed within a certain amount of time after an "attack".

My daughter's symptoms are feeling like her skin is burning, feeling like she can't breathe, GI symptoms, along with many others.

I am not sure which comes first, POTS or MCAS? All I know is that when my daughter took an antihistamine for a few days her POTS symptoms lessened (until she had to stop the antihistamine because of problems).

There are several people on this website that have MCAS and you can read many of their posts to see what doctors they have seen and what treatments were prescribed.

Good luck!!!

Pam

I am just wondering if this is another Pots symptome I have had this happen before I was sick but didn't think anything of it my ears get red and itchy.

Alot of the symptoms overlap for MCAS and POTS. From what I understand POTS is secondary to MCAS. My son was just diagnosed in April with MCAS. He has the usual POTS symptoms, plus itching when he gets warm. When the doctor scratched my sons back if left red welt lines for several minutes, that was a sign. But the blood/urine tests confirmed the diagnosis.

Christy