Fatty Liver

issie

Fatty Liver  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I recall some saying they have a fatty liver and didn't think they were overweight.

I uncovered one cause of fatty liver as cytokine related to leptin. Since we are connecting other things to cytokines and inflammation - wondered about this one. I know one thing that can lower leptin insensitivity is Irvingia - it's a type of mango, taken from the seed and can be gotten in pill form. It also makes a persons switch of being full to kick in and prevents over eating. It has been used to help in weight loss and can help to regulate blood sugars.

Issie

Very interesting, Issie! I hat a CT scan of my digestive tract when I had all my IBS symptoms and the lab that read it wrote "fatty liver" on the diagnosis. My gastro did not think it was fatty enough to note, and guessed over the phone that I was too thin. It was also read by a dr at the cleveland clinic who also did not mention the fatty liver, so I wasn't sure how to vote on this one. My gastro told me that it is commonly seen in people who are too thin.