Eds And Hormone Replacement

E246

I probably have EDSIII and need to look into it a bit more - but - have those of you who have this found HRT improves it?

Given that oestrogen helps with collagen and so should help tighten up the blood return etc - has this been anyones experience.

I first started 7 years ago with intermittent symptoms of pots but was on hrt - then came of it and within 2 months had full blown pots and have not had a day without it.

Sometimes I wonder whether if I was to resume the HRT whether I might feel better.

However the progesterone part of the medication was not always easy so I took it every 2 months.

I am 55

Thanks

I had uncovered something awhile back that explained my inability to tolerate pogesterone - but, can't remember tonight - having brain fog. Will see if I can find it tomorrow. But, I use estriol bioidentical transdermal gel and Red Clover for hormone support - also a product called EstroSense. It keeps me pretty balanced as far as hormones go and I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 36. I'm not sure that it has made that much difference with POTS in relationship to it and EDS. But, I do know I need to use the gel at least once a week and use the supplements daily.

Issie

I use an estrogen patch (started after hysterectomy 4 years ago) which has been helpful but I can't say that I've noticed it helping with my EDS/POTS issues. Like Issie, I could never tolerate progesterone either. Hard to say how much it's helping with my POTS stuff since I started the patch before I was diagnosed with POTS. I still have lots of days in the POTS hole although maybe it would be worse if I wasn't on it? Asked my doc about stopping it but she was adamant that it would make things worse so wanted me to continue with it.