What Does Magnesium Help?

I notice a lot of people with Pots take Magnesium what does it help you with?

If you have low blood pressures, you have to be careful with magnesium - cause it can lower your blood pressure. It also helps with pain and helps with muscle cramps. It can help you to sleep better - because it relaxes you. It is necessary for proper functioning of the heart. It does so many things in the body. Some people find that it helps with elimination. It is used a lot in people with MS and miagraines. Some alternative docs feel that it is probably one of the most needed minerals in the body. It helps you to get calcium into the bones where it needs to be.

You can google it and find all the benefits. Just, with POTS you have to be careful because it can lower your bp. The way to figure out the correct dose is if you get the "trots", you've taken too much - back off a little and that is usually what your body likes. I take mine at night because it helps me to sleep better. There are some forms that can cause depression. The two that have been recommended are the citrate and oxide forms. You can do a search on this site and pull up more info on this - I listed an article awhile back on magnesium and there has been some discussions over the years on it.

Issie