Need Some Advice On Girl Issues

Hey Everyone. So since I have gotten my period it has been heavy, painful, and a variety of uncomforatble sympotms. The past 3 have been really bad and have flared up my pots. I went to my pediatrican last week to be put on Birth control to completely stop my period and now I am just waiting on blood work to come back so I can get on it. So in the mean time i Just re-started my period and the pain will not let up. This time (the very first time this has happened) I threw up after I ate something and having diarrhea too :/ Im really tired and in a lot of pain. I just don't want it to get really bad again to whre I will need more fluids for dehydration. Do you guys think I should go to

urgent care? I have tried two 500mg of tylenol and I can't take midol or ibeprofun due to medicine interactions. Any advice?

Thanks everyone.

Hi Kayla,

Your periods sound exactly like mine. I really feel for you, Im on birth control to stop my periods as the pain is horrific. I have seen some stuff on youtube which says painful periods can be part of EDS. I also get the sickness and runs as well with it.

Have you tried a hot water bottle on your lower abdomen? Have you tried massaging just under your belly button. Sometimes this helps. If the pain is more than you can stand you need to see a Dr and get something stronger. My periods are only pain free when Im virtually unconscious due to the amount of morphine Ive taken. They really are awful. I'd have my uterus removed tomorrow if the drs would agree to it!

Dont put up with the rubbish I had to many years ago - being told there was nothing they could do and I needed to have a baby and that would sort my periods out - I kid you not. Demand pain relief.

Rach

My dr put me on evening primrose oil for PMS & has helped some. Like instead of torture starting to weeks before it's down to about 5 days before bit when it hits, it hits, ugh.

I tried continuos birth control for a while too, for me, for some weird reason it didn't work. I got my period every two weeks?

I have pain & fatigue & digestive issues too. A warm water bottle or rice bag are my favorites. Sometimes (like yesterday) my back hurts so much I can barely stand straight, I end up hunching over.

I don't have an answer for you but I have been researching & am going to ask to be checked for Pelvic Congestion Syndrome (PCS) where the blood pools in our ovaries & uterus like it does our legs. It can cause a ton of pain & if found can be embolized. Maybe it's something you can look into to as well?

Hope this helps

Hi there,

Your situation sounds similar to mine--excruciating periods on and off since I was about 20. SO excruciating that I would break out in cold sweats, throw up, etc. I was finally diagnosed with endometriosis, and it seems as if that's a fairly common diagnosis amongst the POTSIES. There's not much that can be done aside from surgery, which I'm not yet willing to do, so I use NSAIDS which seem to work really well--ALEVE is my fave.

Also, my old gyno (and I do mean OLD--he was about 87 before he retired) prescribed 2 shots of pure vodka 2 hours apart (take 2--wait 2 hours--take 2 more--4 shots in all)at the onset of symptoms..I kid you not!! He said it was an "old-fashioned" treatment that worked wonders because of the vodka's ability to curb the production of prostaglandins--I'm not sure of the science behind it, but I was desperate, so I gave it a shot...works like the proverbial charm! I'm not suggesting that booze is a cure-all, and I know lots of us can't tolerate it at all--but, for whatever reason--it does work!

In any case, I'm with Rach--seek whatever relief you can find...hope you're feeling better!

I too can relate. Birth control pills made my migraines worse. Advil and Anaprox (prescription level of Aleve) helps, but irritates my stomach. I have found bioidentical progesterone cream (prescription and compounded by a special compounding pharmacy) to do wonders to regulate my periods. I take one click (20 mg) on day 14-28. When I am off it, my periods suck, but on it they are much more manageable.

Good luck,

Lyn