"i Don't Have A Diagnostic Code For Pots."

jangle

I have Kaiser, we use the popular EMR called EPIC and "Postural tachycardia syndrome" is available as a dx...it is listed on my electronic problem list. I am not 100% sure, but I think if it is available to list as an electronic dx, it has to have an associated ICD code.

Wonder if you all are using the ICD-10 version already? Maybe that's why it's a code now? It wasn't on ICD-9 but I know they are trying to get our hospital system to transition to ICD-10 in the near future.

It may help to get medications approved for Dysautonomia, as well. My insurance company denied Provigil, because I don't have MS. It is given for fatigue, and at 8 dollars a pill, vitamin D was a lot better solution for me, since I found out I was deficient in it.

the icd-9 code is 458

That's hypotension, not saying that hypotension can't accompany POTS, but for me I have hypertension if anything.

I'm a strange bird, too; I also started with hypertension in my early 40's, but was actually hypotensive when I was younger :blink: . It's trial and error for me and the doctors, but I have to say lately I've been better regularly exercising and taking my supplements as often as my regular meds!

so icd-9 code 458 isnt's POTS?

i was dx with POTS by dr.bashir in 2005.

not sure why they call it POTS, my symptoms dont improve upon lying down. my symptoms are the same whether i am standing or sitting.

would have made more sense to just diagnose me with dysautonomia. my nervous system doesnt work right. why? I don't know. grubb suspects mast cell. I get this burning sensation inside my body, not sure if its MCAS or Neuropathy.