Should I Go To The Doctors?

puppylove

Two weeks ago I noticed that sometimes when I walked the back of my left ankle hurt. I don't remember doing anything to it, like twisting it. It was a little worse yesterday, and today (if I don't take advil) whenever I walk on it I get a sharp pain that goes up my leg. It's a little swollen, and hurts if I press on it. If I sprained it would it heal by itself? It's definetly not broken because I can walk on it and it got worse gradually. Should I get it looked at? Thanks!

First, is it warm to touch or are there any red streaks? If so, call your doctor immediately, because it could be a blood clot. If not, and if it were me, I'd get a good ankle brace to give it support. When I had a bad ankle sprain about a year and a half ago, that extra support made all the difference. There are ankle exercises that you can do, too. Did you wear high heels, and than wear flat shoes? That can cause the problem you are describing, too....I would check with your doctor, anyway, since it has been two weeks.

Thanks! I went to the doctor and they said it was tendenitis and wrapped it up. The annoying thing is I literally just joined a gym yesterday becuase my doctor wants me to exercise with recumbent bikes etc. And the doctor said I should stay off of it while it heals. :rolleyes: