Started Low Dose Beta Blocker. Question...

Hi everyone! I was recently admitted to hospital for my palpitations and tachycardia. My cardio has started me on a lose dose of extended release metoprolol. I'm hoping this helps with my rapid heart rate at night. I am wondering if this can help with the adrenalin like surges I get that raise my hr. I'm thinking it should, but just wanted to see if anyone has their own experience they'd like to share regarding tachy/adrenaline surges and beta blockers...

I am low dose metoprolol. It did help slow my HR some (about 10-15 bpm standing) and I do have less adrenaline surges although I can't sayif I relate that to thismed...I never really thought about it. But, it took a long time to gain this effect. My cardio thought it shoul take about 3 wks...it was more like 3 months before we saw it starting to help. SO, as long as you aren't having any bad side effects, I would suggest giving it longer than you think to see if it helps you. Good luck.

Well, my blood pressure is low 90/64, so I'm trying to increase fluids. It has helped with my night time palpitations though...