Rosacea And Mcad

Has anyone any tips for treating Rosacea with POTS. I am reading as much as i can into Mast Cell issues and the connection it has to many of the ailments we seem to suffer.

As Rosacea is a inflammatory skin disorder, i would like to hear anybodies thoughts and advice to what could be taken to help.

Would any particular Antihistamine be a good choice as well as any natural medicines to co inside to try to calm the skin and the reaction down?

I've had rosacea for years--including ocular rosacea--fun! I've tried every traditional treatment including MetroGel and low doses of antibiotics. The ONLY thing I've ever found that helps even minimally is prescription Finacea--it's extremely caustic, though and can cause increased stinging, redness and dryness in the short term. Unfortunately, it's no longer working now, and the redness and bumps have come back with a vengeance.

Now that I'm starting to explore the MCAD issues as being a part of my makeup, I'm thinking that perhaps this "rosacea" isn't rosacea in the classical sense at all...but ONLY inflammatory in nature; docs have long theorized that rosacea might be caused my bacteria or some such thing. However, if we folks with MCAD have facial inflammation that only MIMICS classical rosacea, perhaps that's why traditional treatments don't work....?

Hope this makes sense....I was kind of just thinking out loud! :rolleyes:

I use Finacea, too and it works pretty well. I still get flares of redness and bumps if I am outside on a cold, windy day, if I get too hot, or sometimes when I drink alcohol. One side is worse than other and it is only on the apples of my cheeks. I am not 100% certain if I actually have rosacea, but that is what the Dermatologist diagnosed me with about 10 years ago. Good luck!

I went through a period of intense rosacea. I had always had beautiful skin. We questioned Lupus butterfly rash, but no one did a biospy. I used metrogel and it only got worse. I was so embarrassed and then my

doctor told me to use Finacea. She said you use it for only three months and stop it. After that you never need it again. She was right.I also have MCAS. I do have a high ana. To this day my skin is back to being nice again, other than being sensitive, I can't complain. : )

Bellamia ~