Eeg And Brain Mri

EEG would show any seizure activity allowing them to rule in/out epilepsy and other seizure disorders. A brain MRI can show a multitude of things...tumors, hyperintensities consistent with either migraine or multiple sclerosis, aneurisms, swelling, malformations of any structures(I'm sure the list is longer than this.) It does not show anything specificlly regarding autonomic dysfunction unless they were to find some sort of abnormality in parts of your brain that affect autonomic function. I think these are pretty routine tests for folks with the types of symptoms POTSies tend to displayto rule out other diagnosies. I've had 2 EEGs and 3 MRIs (w/ 1 MRA) in the last 5 years.

Guest Alex

Hi there,

I only had an MRI done and the report says it's all good/normal.

Mine was done because of some horrible headaches that I had experienced for about a month that (knock on wood) have went away. No one was able to explain to me why I had them, and no pain meds that I was given worked on relieving them, so I had both an MRI and a CT scan. This was all before I was diagnosed with POTS.

At least now I have a CD with pictures that prove that I have a brain :rolleyes: .

Hope your results will show that everything is A-OK.

Alex