Need To Talk To Someone Who Understands Pots; Car Was Vandalized

Julie

I need to talk to others who understand. I am so tired of telling family members how bad I feel, only to get the same old "whatever" type reaction.

yesterday, I was already feeling bad. We had storms and rain for a few days and that always makes me feel bad, so i didn't sleep well. And am awoken way too early by the maintenance man and landlord because someone spray painted 5 porches, my car, and tore the ramp off my house. I have a power wheelchair because I can't go places that require standing and I have 3 kids. I live in low income housing and am a single mom. So, yesterday, all I wanted to do was go back to sleep. I didn't feel well enough to care about the car or the porch; but I had to wait and talk to the police. (The ramp goes through the neighbors grass too and she wanted to plant flowers and says I don't need the wheelchair. That there is nothing wrong with me and it is in my head)

And on top of police report and talking to neighbors and getting my son to clean off the windows at least of the car.(at least that came off); I still had to be mom and take care of my 3 kids. (the youngest has juvenile diabetes, so she has to have insulin injections 4 times a day and eat at regular times- and on a normal day it's hard enough) But somehow I had extra energy yesterday (adrenaline or something and was ok.) But today I can't stop crying over everything and shaking and I feel soooo, sooo bad today. And when I tell my family it's because of yesterday they are just kind like "so... or... ok" I don't know what I expect from them. maybe just understanding.

Thanks for to taking time to read this

Julie S. ( I have had POTS for 8 yrs and used to come to this forum,but haven't for a few years, but I think I need to relate to others who understand again.)

That sounds like an awful day!! I totally get you when you have to hear things like your neighbor says. Having an invisible illness is compounded by the fact that people just don't get it. And, I can see in your writing, that for some reason alot of us feel like we have to justify our illness. Most of us have to do that at some point or another. Which, of course, brings on even more stress. I hope the next few days get better!

That definitely sounds like the worst day ever...so sorry you've had to deal with all of that. It certainly doesn't help to have people (especially family) just kind of stare at you blankly when you try to explain how you feel. So much of our lives seems to be on a rollercoaster cycle with numerous ups and downs...just know that the "up" portion has to be coming soon! (Personally, I hate rollercoasters....and merry-go-rounds....and amusement parks in general. I'd rather just sit still! :D )