Renal Vein Entrapment And Orthostatic Intolerance

Naomi, I was thinking of the condition, which causes the blood to not be able to leave the kidney easily. In my mind that would make the blood 'back up' into the kidney and maybe cause pressure.

In my thinking, IF I had this, I'd have the surgery in a heartbeat. There are a few studies that show it can cause orthostatic intolerance.

• 4 months later...
Guest mattgreen

When hit with abdominal pain two years ago, I had a CT and ultrasound of the abdomen. Would these tests have picked up renal vein entrapment?

I wonder because my doctor later diagnosed me with a distended gonadal vein (after presenting with lower left pain) and I have a varicocele.

I've been really interested in this lately due to further reading, though I have never had blood in the urine. I have had a CT scan, so I'll have to see if someone can look at it to make the diagnosis. I can view the images myself, but I honestly can't see nearly as much from the CT as MRIs I've looked at, so I don't know if I'd be able to identify anything without help.

I'm actually going for a cardiologist appointment tomorrow to make sure my abnormal EKG was a fluke and not an indicator of another problem, so I'm going to ask about it there.