Getting A Second Ttt Any Suggestions?

The 1st TTT is was diagnosed with POTS and they gave me nitro glycerin which made me feel awful and made my HR go up to 200 bpm.

Now I have local POTS doc and he says he doesn't know why they gave nitro glycerin, he doesn't. He is going to repeat the test in the hospital, had it in an office last time. He is going to check Cathemine level during the test to see if I'm hyper POTS. Is there anything else that should be checked during the tilt, perhaps that they check at one of the clinics?

Thanks!

Did you happen to have chest pain while having the first test have to be taken down?

Have been wondering where you have been lately. Maybe we have been like ships passing

in the night. lol Hope all is well Rich.

I have autonomic testing done at Beth Israel in Boston. The test bp, heart rate, and breathing with one of those chest bands during the TTT. They also did a sweat response test, and some breathing tests that I did laying down. And they took my measurements free standing also. Hope that helps, good luck.

I had it there also, but I couldn't tolerate the sweat test. I thought my finger was going to burn off.

I know they use such agents if/when patients do not seem to be syncopal some times. I think its use varies by the practitioner conducting the study/facility. I had 2 TTTs. They did not use nitro or other agents with mine. Two different cardiac physiatrists did my tests. While I did not faint, my BP dropped and heart rate increased to the point of diagnosing my POTS. They are the ones who started me on Florinef (which I couldn't tolerate).

Conditions of the room also play a factor in eliciting syncope. The lab I was in did not induce a warm enough climate to make me feel faint and I was not very comfortable in a near standing position due to a hip injury (thus I wasn't relaxed).

Going a second time? More power to you. It's been over a year since I had mine and I still get nauseous thinking about it.

I know that a while back there was some talk about being given saline after the test is over (the line is in while the test is going on, though). It seemed like clinics generally gave it while hospitals were hit or miss, if I recall.

If you can get it, definitely go with the saline. Helped a lot with my recovery, at least.