Progress Forward

I just want to say something positive. I know a lot of people say some leave the board when the "get better", but maybe since I still feel scare at time I am always checking this board.

I have had POTS since February 2009. I was ok for the first year and then had some sort of Epstein barr/cfs/severe dizziness issue.

During all of this I have finished my masters, student taught preschool and 2nd grade, and have started substitute teaching.

It has been a long long journey, but there's hope. I don't over due it as best as I can and have stuck to a gluten free diet for over a year. Also, treating my subclinical hypothyroidism has help immensely!

I actually am writing this from school-they are at specials : )

I try to workout when I can, recumbent bike, weights, and horseback riding. I love being around animals and it makes me stop thinking about myself for once!!

Of course there are tears at times, but without this junk in my life, I know I wouldn't be the person I am today. It has allowed me o connect with people on deeper levels than i previoauly had i know I am wiser and more peaceful than when I was burning the candle at both ends and not really finding that deep connection with my environment. Now I can be more of a leader, and I read in a book that when you are a leader your position is going to be challenged-that's the job you take on. (zen mind, zen horse is a great book about horsemanship but also life lessons i think)

I know everyone situation is so unique, but I wanted to share this wih everyone and have waited awhile to be able to share this type of hopeful message. Hope everyone is realizi their strength!

WyomingGal,

Thanks for writing! You have really accomplished a lot and I am so happy for you. That book sounds very interesting, I am glad you mentioned it. I've been doing much better lately as well and sometimes I'm afraid to say so because I don't want to jinx myself, silly I know.

I totally agree with you about being more at peace and not burning the candle at both ends. It is good for the body and soul. I've had to learn a lot the hard way but it has made me a better person, too. Sending you best wishes and much happiness in your new career!

Congrats. I just wanted to point out that the gf diet you're on is possibly, probably ?, why this happened.

I keep trying to explain to people how calming it can be to our bodies and minds if we take this out of our diets.

If you want to see how the protein in gluten can affect our bodies google theglutenfile.

I can feel the stress return if I get gluten again. It causes me to have insomnia and myoclonus that night.

Jsyk, it's not unusual for SOME people to become more sensitive

to gluten after awhile. And dairy or other food intolerances may or may not creep in at some point.

Hopefully you won't be one of those.

Tc .. D

My TSH levels were initially really low when I got sick. Over the last couple of years they have climbed upwards. A couple of summers ago it was nearing 5.0 and I wish I wold have pushed for treatment. 6 months ago it was nearing 7, so the doctor finally treated it and I am now around 2, trying to get a little lower. It has dramatically changed the amount of energy I have.