Pots Affecting Friendships

I don't know if anyone likes poetry. I write it and sometimes - it's okay and other times it's well - different. Here's one that's different. Maybe it will have some meaning to some of you. I just wrote this the other night - you really have to think about it for it to make sense.

Friends - by Issie

Like a flower

Many petals

Lots of friends

Different faces

Love in heart

Peace in soul

Embrace in love

Speak in truth

Pure and Honest

Geniune and True

..................Understood

Downpour rain

Tiny drops

Black and White

Cold and Hot

Lost in limbo

.............. Misunderstood.

:)

Issie

I don't know if anyone likes poetry. I write it and sometimes - it's okay and other times it's well - different. Here's one that's different. Maybe it will have some meaning to some of you. I just wrote this the other night - you really have to think about it for it to make sense.

Friends - by Issie

Like a flower

Many petals

Lots of friends

Different faces

Love in heart

Peace in soul

Embrace in love

Speak in truth

Pure and Honest

Geniune and True

..................Understood

Downpour rain

Tiny drops

Black and White

Cold and Hot

Lost in limbo

.............. Misunderstood.

:)

Issie

Thanks for sharing your poem, Issie! I love what you have expressed here and I totally relate. :)

Elegiamore, and others, you must know that many of us with chronic or even fatal disorders frequently experience isolation, loss of friends, loss of contact with family, etc. For me, I swear there were times when if it weren't for my cats, I would have really descended into depression. For those of you who are so inclined, in many places in the US, there are free public services who will make visits to the homebound--and frankly, I'd rather have a person who is paid or volunteers to visit make visits with me than have no one at all. Places I think people could look to would be their own city or county public services, churches, Meals on Wheels or other similar organizations. For those with Medicaid or eligible for medical assistance, paid home care may be provide through those groups--and may both provide help with daily living activities and meals as well as at least some regular social contact. In planning for the day when I'm unable to care for myself, these are the kinds of things I think about.