New Symptoms

Darlene

I woke up in the night not feeling well, It felt like someone was rubbing ice on my face and arms.

I had a funny feeling in my legs, can't explain the symptom (tingling maybe or something crawling around in side my legs). My hands and feet have been having quite of bit of tingling sensations.

I have tachycardia every night I lay down, and funny thing is after I get up and move around for a bit, it goes away. weird.

Hello there,

I did use to have tachy episodes like those you describe before being diagnosed with POTS - I've been told by the drs they are panic attacks (maybe bad dreams?! Even though I was awake sometimes when it happened). Thank goodness I haven't had one in a long time, but in the beginning I visited the ER several times in the middle of the night because of such episodes.

The tingling/crawling inside my legs (actually inside my whole body) is a more recent thing I'm dealing with. It usually happens if I did not get a good night sleep and try to compensate with an "early morning nap". I get these crawling "waves" mostly in my legs and chest - sometimes it feels like Ican actually feel my blood flowing through my veins. Does that sound similar to your experience?

I'm sorry you have to deal with this as I know it's uncomfortable and even scary to some extent.

Have you mentioned any of it to your dr? I will try during my next appt ... I hope he will listen and have some answers.

Alex

i m not having panic attacks or bad dreams. think its just part of autonomic dysfunction. i take a beta blocker, but it doesn't help 100%. I take benadryl before I go to bed, this helps.

yes, feels like i can feel my blood flowing through my veins. i have an appointment with my neurologist soon, maybe she will be able to tell me what it is.

Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. I wasn't implying you are having panic attacks, just like I know for a fact I wasn't having panic attacks either. It's just what the drs tried to make me believe that. It took me a while to find a doctor to really listen, one who took my symptoms seriously.

Truth be told, now I take clonazepam at bed time and with rare exceptions I sleep through the night. Only my excruciating chest pain episodes wake me up every now and then.

Good luck with your neurologist appt.

If you get some answers and are willing to share, I'd really appreciate it.

Alex

I get patches of odd ice cold feelings mostly on my face but can be anywhere from head to toe, my neuro told me it was most likely due to my neck/spine being slightly out causing some form of nerve entrapment. I sometimes fell like ice cold water is trickling down my legs it is such an odd feeling.

I have tingling all the time on and off, but I've had that crawling sensation in my head, and I have heat or burning, and squeezing sensations or tightness and electric shock type symptoms on occasion; only have icy appendages in the winter with chest pain. I can't tolerate ice in drinks, either -_-