Dysautonomia And Thyroid

Jennij

Just wondering if others have thyroid issues? I recently was prescribed Armour thyroid for high TSH levels and it sent my POTS symptoms into high gear! Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Also what about taking thyroid meds with Flourinef? Thanks.

Just wanted to say 'hi' and welcome to the group!

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism the same time I was diagnosed with POTS, so my doc put me on a low dose Synthroid for that. I was a complete mess physically at the time, so I didn't notice any change with that med. I did have some hairloss with it, but I think that is starting to settle down.

I'm sure others will be able to help you out with your questions re: Flourinef.

Sorry to hear that the Armour is adding to your symptoms - I hope it levels out for you.

i take both florinef and armour. I love my armour, it has helped incredibly with my fatigue and recovery time. Also it helped with my heat tolerance. I started breaking a 30 mg tab into fourths, because I knew it would effect me and I built up super slowly. I had some big heart palpitations while starting but I stayed calm and it would pass. It has been about 6 months and I am still at a TSH of 2.1, and we are trying to get it closer to 1.0 because thats what I wanted to try, even though to the doctor my level is now normal, but I think i can do better!

I was excited to support my thyroid because I know that there's no way my body can attempt to heal any neuropathy with a sluggish thyroid!

When I first started Armour two years ago I did have some transient jitters but they settled down after a few weeks. That med is a godsend for me. I started Florinef seven months ago and haven't had any bad interactions, quite the opposite, it's been very helpful.

Welcome to the site!