Spaciness - Treat The Sns?

peregrine

I should clarify that, while sitting/lying down helps some, it's not a total fix; The only reason I'm hesitant to treat it via avoiding pooling entirely is that doing anything else that helps prevent pooling (stockings, countermeasures, salt, water) doesn't do anything for it.

Yup and yup. Sitting does nothing for me, but laying down helps, though not a total fix here either. Helps enough though to make me think there's something to it and the only thing I can think of is blood flow. Salt and stockings did nothing for me either - in fact the stockings made me feel worse. I'm as baffled as you are - if you find something that helps it, please let me know!

Seems like there is a paradox situation according to this article in the brain and there is vasoconstriction in the brain - maybe, that's why the article I saw was saying Vitamin C - because it can vasodilate veins (but this could also lower the blood pressure). I also saw an article on Benfotiamine having good benefits for this (it's a form of B1 that is fat soluble and supposedly more beneficial then just B1). This is the type of B1 - I'm trying.

http://naca.larc.nasa.gov/search.jsp?R=20040142054&qs=N%3D4294129240%B4294291556

Here is an article from Life Extension on Benfotiamine - this will also expand the veins and increase NO levels ----so this won't be for all POTS people --only those that need to vasodilate. (Also, some have too much NO and won't need to increase their NO levels.)

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2007/jan2007_report_benfotiamine_02.htm

Issie