Help With A New Breathing Poll

I have plain 'ole shortness of breath. Walking up stairs to waking up at night gasping for air. I was told years ago that it was "reactive airway disease". For me it is just the dysautonomia. With treating my pots my breathing is better. I was on asthma meds years ago and looking back they really didn't help.

Seeing this thread makes me want to show it to my Neuro who specializes in Autonomic Dysfunction. According to him my breathing issues arent related to POTS... Its Anxiety.... Um yea... This is exactly why I'm debating on going to NY to see the Russian woman or perhaps the Mayo Clinic.

I didnt have bad Fatigue or breathing issues till I was on Steroids and then Propanalol right afterwards. I've gotten better and use Singulair but I'm still not where I was a year ago...

Seeing this thread makes me want to show it to my Neuro who specializes in Autonomic Dysfunction. According to him my breathing issues arent related to POTS... Its Anxiety.... Um yea... This is exactly why I'm debating on going to NY to see the Russian woman or perhaps the Mayo Clinic.

I didnt have bad Fatigue or breathing issues till I was on Steroids and then Propanalol right afterwards. I've gotten better and use Singulair but I'm still not where I was a year ago...

If you think you are having Shortness of Breath because of your Propanalol, there are Cardioselective Beta Blockers, and because I am asthmatic, I insisted on one that wouldn't affect my breathing. Channel blockers can also be tried by those with breathing problems, according to my sleep apnea doctor, Dr. Adams. At first I was on atenolol, but it was too short acting for me, and slowed my heart rate too much too quickly. I am now on Bystolic 5mg., which is working so much better for me now. I'm not as short of breath on this one.

Nose breather vs. mouth breather. For some reason, since developing POTS, I am very uncomfortable breathing through my mouth. I only breathe through my nose. When I breathe through my mouth, it is like I am getting too much oxygen or not enough--I can't explain it. Anyone else?

If you think you are having Shortness of Breath because of your Propanalol, there are Cardioselective Beta Blockers, and because I am asthmatic, I insisted on one that wouldn't affect my breathing. Channel blockers can also be tried by those with breathing problems, according to my sleep apnea doctor, Dr. Adams. At first I was on atenolol, but it was too short acting for me, and slowed my heart rate too much too quickly. I am now on Bystolic 5mg., which is working so much better for me now. I'm not as short of breath on this one.

I stopped taking the Propanalol a while back but the fatigue that came in is still lingering. My Neuro wants me to try Nanadolol (however you spell it) and my family doc had said Bystolic a while back... Once again decisions decisions...

Bystolic is a long acting, cardioselective beta blocker, unfortunately, it doesn't have a generic yet. It acts on the beta receptors and the vessel walls. It's half life is 12 hours, and I take it at bedtime. I hope it keeps working for me, because otherwise I am so tachycardic and dizzy all the time without it!! Atenolol lowered my heart rate and blood pressure too much, and I was crying all the time, even when I wasn't sad; it was strange. :wacko: It only had a 6 hour half life...do your research... they are all different, and affect people in different ways; it has made me feel more balanced...what is normal anyway :huh: