Very Sudden, Intense, Short Dizzy Spell?

bunny

I had the strangest thing happen to me the other night. I normally have plenty of warning before passing out. Usually plenty of dizziness, then a predictable timeline of symptoms.

However a few nights back I was walking around the neighborhood with a friend and had what I can only describe as my body having a momentary power outage. Out of nowhere I just instantly had no energy, no balance, vision started to gray out. I was walking straight and when this happened my right foot landed in a way that caused me to make a left turn onto the sidewalk. The whole thing only lasted for 1-2 seconds and then I felt perfectly fine. Everything else about my body was perfectly normal. The only thing my friend noticed is that I was taking the sidewalk turn a little earlier than I usually do. We carried on the conversation we were having like nothing was wrong.

Anyone ever hit this before?

Yes, this has happened to me several times, in fact. I call it Parkinson-like freezing...it is your ANS malfunctioning, and supposedly normal for us with dysautonomia with more neuro symptoms.

Oh my gosh! Me too!!! I hate those moments...like an out of body moment. I am not sure what causes it but wonder if its not some kind of surge maybe blood sugar or adrenaline related.....either way I could do without them. I do notice they get worse if I am not looking after my hydration issues.

Bren

this happens to me all day every day. When my tachycardia stopped, this started. Its just like when the power flickers but doesn't go out--specifically like the sounds that the fridge makes....beeeeewww downwards-----booooooo upwards!

I know what Lemons2lemonade's talking about, but this was different. This literally started and was over in 2 seconds flat. No perception of time slowing/speeding up. It didn't feel like an out-of-body experience (had those before), no reason for an adrenaline surge. Heart rate, breathing seemed unaffected. Didn't have a hrm with me but vital signs that day were normal by my standards.

kimbellgirl: I'm not sure if that's quite it either. It wasn't like my feet stopped moving, rather it felt like I had an instant drain of energy, intense dizziness and was about to collapse. The really unusual part was that after that 2 second interval everything was fine. Plenty of energy, no dizziness whatsoever.

The suddenness and severity of it and it being a new symptom is what scared me. I'm also very puzzled by how quickly it was over & me feeling completely fine afterwards. Usually if I pass out, I feel rotten when I come to, but eventually feel better after a few minutes. This was just a quick 2 second blip and that was it.