Skin Biopsy Positive For Sfn But Qsart Sweat Test Normal???

Anyone else???

Skin Biopsy taken at 2 sites, calf and thigh, extremely positive for SFN.

Qsart sweat test, normal. The tech that did it said it wasn't normal, but wasn't horrible. Then I get the final report and it said all was fine.

I'm Tilt Table positive for Dysautonomia and POTS and have every symptom possible of all of it.

My Qsart was abnormal but my skin biopsies were normal...so just the opposite of your results. It was my understanding that the Qsart was testing for Autonomic neuropathy and the skin biopsies were testing for small fiber neuropathy.

When I was researching them, it seemed that they are different, although you can have both. It's confusing, but when I googled them and they definitely seemed to be related but not necessarily the same.

What were your autonomic reflex screening results? Did they do the valsalva, paced breathing, etc type of tests?

• 2 weeks later...

My QSART was positive at my left hand (which pools, swells, mottled, tingly, numb, etc) and right leg, but the neurologist said it's not worth it to do the biopsy (I guess she feels it's largely untreatable so why bother? is that actually true?). My reflex screening results were normal, tilt table was the abnormal one (although my Valsalva was a bit funny, she said it was one of deconditioning, dehydration, or sympathetic failure - but not sympathetic failure due to success on the tests, and I wasn't dehydrated, and I walk several miles daily, so she's confused).