Cold Feet!

houswoea

Man alive, this is bothering me.

It's, like, the smallest thing ever in comparison to the other symptoms that I could be having, but gosh is it annoying! And now I'm just curious!

My feet have been like icebergs for the past month... doesn't matter how warm it is outside, what kind of socks or shoes I wear, or how warm the rest of me is! They're even still cold int he shower! What in the world. Right now I'm wearing two pairs of socks, but it's like I'm barefoot in the snow!

They don't hurt, so I'm not thinking it's neuropathy. It's just uncomfortable. Anybody have any ideas? It's probably just one of those things I'm supposed to deal with.

I have the same problem - but only at night when I am going to sleep. The rest of me can be fine, but my toes are frozen! With warm socks and under 2 blankets. The rest of me is too hot, so I am throwing the blankets off of the top half om body, while wrapping my feet in the blankets. Hard to fall asleep like that :( . As if I don't have enough sleeping issues.....

I realize that this was not really a helpful post, just some commiseration.

Me too! But I have to say my hands are way worse than my feet. They are always frozen & doing things w gloves on is hard (the fingerless ones are pointless since its my fingers that are so cold). I don't know what to do either - thinking of it as annoying but not debilitating like other symptoms. Wish I had advice...

(null)

I get cold feet often, too. But, if I wear socks or slippers for very long, then they get too hot. I have found that if I tuck one foot under the back of my knee while sitting, or sit cross-legged with one tucked, I can warm up the toes enough to last for awhile. I switch feet to get the other foot. Although the area behind the knee is a little warm, I think that what truly helps it is the pressure it puts on the foot. The reason I think that is that it works for my freezing hands, too - if I place them under the back of my upper thighs while sitting, they warm up much better than with any heating pad or blanket. I wonder if it has to do with either pooling or lack or blood flow to them, that pressure fixes somehow? If I remember, I'll ask my Electrophysiologist next week at my appointment.

My feet are usually cold and I'm almost always wearing at least one pair of socks. Mine's just from poor circulation. Slow pulse, low BP, and a low body temp (96F) and the extremities just don't get enough bloodflow to keep them warm. And yes, I DO wear bunny slippers around the house.

I have cold feet most of the time and when I have a POTS episode my lower calves and ankles are very cold also. I just got some Geisswein Bruck Lodge (Austrian wool) boots that are wool, washable, have a very comfortable removable insole (almost as comfy as Danskos) and rubber soles for traction. They are probably itdhy without socks but I wear them with socks and with my pants legs tucked in. I got mine on sale at 6pmdotcom which was cheaper than Zappos. They are gray with a drawstring at the top and tassels. I LOVE them.