Normal Or Low Blood Pressure? Your Risk For Heart Attack Increases By 4 Times!

I was going through my email box and cleaning it up and came across this email from an alternative doctor who wrote "The PH Micircle" itis from the JAMA -Journal of American Medicine http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/296/18/2217.abstract?lookupType=volpage&vol=296&fp=2217&view=short

This is what the alternative Doctor says summarizing the JAMA finding in his own words:

"Systolic blood pressure, the maximum arterial pressure

during contraction of the left ventricle of the heart,

is the most important factor in predicting mortality risk

for heart failure patients.

Systolic blood pressure is typically the first number in a

blood pressure reading; for example, 120 when the

blood pressure is reported as 120/80.

Heart failure patients with high systolic blood pressures

had lower death rates; those with low systolic pressures

may have a more advanced disease and a poorer

prognosis.

Mortality rates were more than four times higher for those

with systolic blood pressure of less than 120, in comparison

to those who had systolic blood pressure over 161.

When the heart is healthy it will work harder to push the same

volumn of blood through the 66,000 miles of blood vessels

when the blood is over-acidic and sticky - this causes the

systolic rate to go up. To lower the blood pressure with acidic

drugs can lead to the very thing you are trying to prevent - a

heart attack.

Blood pressure naturally lowers when you alkalize the blood with

diet and especially exercise. This will break up the blood from

hypercoagulation. Exercise and an alkaline diet are the two

and only drugs one should be taking.

In the words of Hippocrates, "let your food be your medicine

and your medicine be your food."

If your blood pressure is normal (120/80) or low and you are

not eating an alkaline diet nor excercising your risk factor for

heart failure significantly increases.

The misconception that low blood pressure is healthy is a

medical illusion and is now explained in this recent study

published by JAMA.

These conclusions were gleaned from research on more than

48,000 heart failure patients seen at 259 U.S. hospitals between

March 2003 and December 2004.

Not sure if there is a difference between blood alkalinity and ph of of body. But, I'm always alkaline when I check with litmus paper. But, I also have higher bp's. I think it is important to keep the body more alkaline for many reasons. One being - cancer can't live in an alkaline environment but thrives in an acidic one.

Issie

Not sure if there is a difference between blood alkalinity and ph of of body. But, I'm always alkaline when I check with litmus paper. But, I also have higher bp's. I think it is important to keep the body more alkaline for many reasons. One being - cancer can't live in an alkaline environment but thrives in an acidic one.

Issie

issie:

how much would you think being alkaline affects the dysautonomia, and other things? Even with diet changes i think im still acidic. How do you test it? i honestly never realized the importance of this..... thanks for the info

Issie

issie:

how much would you think being alkaline affects the dysautonomia, and other things? Even with diet changes i think im still acidic. How do you test it? i honestly never realized the importance of this..... thanks for the info

There is a ph paper that you can purchase from a health food store and do either saliva or urine checks to see what ph level you are. I don't know the connection with POTS per se, but health in general. It is much better to have your body in an alkaline state - but, too much alkalinity can cause problems too. There is a fine balance in the body - between well and unwell. It's trying to achieve this balance that is important.

Issie

Playing "negative side" PH has been theorize for hundreds of year as leading to many illnesses but mainstream docs don't buy into it because the PH levels are different in many areas of the body and in some areas of the body it is supposed to be slightly acidic, for example to help breakdown food and to kill of bacteria.

I personally drink Icelandic bottled water because it has an 8.8 PH, which makes it taste better but also in hopes it's healthier :)

More data needs to be clinically tested before I agree with either side :)

I just found out yesterday my Blood Pressure drops when I walk..