Half Life Of Florinef

Im back on Florinef on doctors orders because my Mestinon isnt cutting through the very bad days.

I started on a 1/4 dose rather than a 1/2 because that made me a bit wound up to start with last time .

Within twenty minutes to half an hour of taking the 1/4 pill I had a burst of energy and wellness. i assume its got to be from its mild alpha agonising effects rather than from its blood volume expanding effects? it only lasted from about 11am to 3.00pm and then I felt well but very tired.

Anyone else noticed this? Im thinking of taking it a second 1/4 for another boost. My doc just told me to start on one full tab but i try to tread carefully to avoid side effects. I know the main effects of florinef will kick in with time but this side effect of alpha agonism is kinda helpful and much milder than midodrine. Im HIGHLY sensitive to alpha agonists.

Rama, I would echo lemons sentiments. My doc tends to throw me on .05 or .1 florinef without even blinking, and when I've increased at those doses, I get overly energized, not in a good way. One day I increased my dose from .05 to .1 -- that day I felt great (almost normal) energy level and stamina, but then Day #2 on .1, I had unbelievable jitteryness and felt lightheaded -- checked my bp and it was 128/84 -- super high for me. And the blistering headaches came. I felt like someone had electrocuted me! And it lasted just in the time frame you described (10 a.m. - 2 or 3), and then calmed down. So, I would go slow up, and if the split doses work, I would go for that rather than double up in the morning. Just my experience with the timing of florinef.

Rama,

I've been taking florinef for about a month now - 0.1 mg AM and 0.1 mg PM, and I think my bp and my heart rate have started to stabilize and to look more "normal" - high 100s, mid 110s systolic, 60s to 80s dyastolic, pulse from 60s to high 80s - I haven't seen a pulse reading over 100 in quite a while - knock on wood.

Just like you I am also taking mestinon 30 mg AM, 22.5 at noon and 15 mg PM, and also propranolol 10 mg AM and 10 mg PM.

I think i'm seeing some improvement, but I also think I might be having some side effects from the meds (that I'll talk to my dr about).

I hope this helps.

Alex