Iv Saline

ramakentesh

IV saline  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know I've felt better with them. But, have only had a few mostly with surgeries and the one time in the ER. Not something that is offered very much and they think you're crazy for asking for it. When I went to the ER, practically had to beg for it. And with reluctance was given one and I felt much better. But, I don't think the benefits last very long. Not a long term solution. It doesn't fix whatever the dysfunction is - that is causing the need for it in the first place.

Ah, do you have the link to her blog? I'd like to read!

Its www.POTSgrrl.blogspot.com - Lauren is my blogging buddy :) Great info on there.

Rama - I feel like you need a third option: Recieved IV therapy and have good longer term results - or something of that nature. Some people I chat with get IV infusions once a week and do well on it.

Thanks!

Claire

What I would like to know is if after "x" many treatments (of course "x" will differ from person to person) if IV saline loses it's effectiveness to "treat" symptoms? I've seen some remote mention of it, but can't understand how that would work-- especially if it is working because it increases hydration and blood volume-- I can't imagine your body getting used to higher (more normal) levels of hydration and blood volume and then returning to POTSy symptoms, of course things aren't always that simple. I know IV saline only lasts for "x" amount of days or hours for some people, but a limit on the number of times your body will tolerate it as a treatment seems weird.

• 1 year later...