N/o Blood Test

HopeSprings

I don't think that there is a blood test. My son was in a 3-day clinical study of the role of NO in POTS. He was given a medication through an IV called L-NMMA which temporarily inhibits nitric oxide; and while he getting that he was put through some tests like a TTT to see how his body reacted as compared to his earlier TTT without L-NMMA. The results led his doctors to conclude that he has a deficiency of NO (much to their surprise).

Mayo has a test - but, I don't think it's at all accurate. You breathe into a mouth piece and it's supposed to measure the levels that you expel. Anything can change the results of it. If you can't do the test right - it will change the results. I talked it over with one of the gals who administers it and told her what my theroies were on it's benefits and although she couldn't say anything to me definitvely - she didn't insist that I needed to do it either. So, since I'd done it one time before and didn't think it was a very good indicator - I didn't do it the second time. There are some vitamins that you can try and see what your reaction is and that can help determine whether you're high or low.

Issie