Ever Feel Like A Conundrum?

redoctober

Does anyone else here feel like I do...that your health is the ultimate conundrum? For example...I can walk around feeling unbalanced and shaky...yet I can now run 4+ miles without really getting winded. I feel so crappy in the morning (stomach awful, cold, shaky), but I can go to the gym and work out for 1.5 hours 6-7 days a week. My skin is horribly dry and flaky, but I can sweat like crazy when I work out.

So frustrating...just had to get that off my chest as I'm sitting here with tremors as I've just eaten too big a lunch. No wonder Dr.'s look at us like we're crazy.

Totally! And - at least for me - it's not just good days and bad days - although that can be a lot of it. I walked to work today in the ice/snow (stupid, I know, but I had to get there) and was doing okay, maybe a little worse than usual, but still able to walk the 1.75 miles downhill (despite spacing the whole time, I can at least physically walk there). But then, just fifteen minutes ago, I was trying to move some not too heavy equipment and attach some cables (while standing up but moving around) and now I can barely type, my hands are shaking so badly and my nervous system is so riled up! Got to love our bodies - they're just so confusing.

Mmmm....no,not for me...'cause my good days are the ones when I can do 2-3 hours of something that involves being upright without being sick. But during those 2-3 hours, I can take the dog to the park and even run with her a bit to wear her out, but, I'm in trouble the minute I stop moving...even on the good days. On the bad days, I just can't go at all. It's the paradox that I I can run at the park but then almost pass out when I get home from the park and try to walk up the 6 steps to my front door . That is just so weird. Or, this morning the brain fog was sooo bad that I really had to think about whether I should take my AM or PM meds out of my pill box (like I was grappling trying to understand the meaning of AM vs. PM), but, an hour later my former peer emailed me for some management advice and I was able to write back with 3 suggestions based on some high level management theory in five minutes. How is is possible for our bodies and brains to be that dysfunctional and that functional all at the same time (or at least within minutes of each other)? Weird...very weird....