What Does A Fever Have To Do With Anything? Any Ideas?

Maiysa

I went to the Urgent Care facility again at a different location, had a better experience. :D I had another reaction where my blood pressure woke me up in the middle of the night, again it was around 140/84 and hovered around 127/85 and heart rate was 92 most of the night. I know this doesn't sound like much of a blood pressure, but mine is usually at the most 89/60. I had a burning feeling-my pupils looked like they were breathing-I had blotchy skin-my throat felt tight again and then I got a little scared. I'm a chicken sometimes when this happens. I meditated most of the night to keep my system calm. Anyhow of course by the time the urgent care opens, most of my symptoms are gone, but for some reason I had a fever of 101 the doc said. She laughed when I said I couldn't even feel it. This isn't the first time I've had a fever and not had a clue. I think I've become so used to not feeling well, that it just doesn't even register anymore. Once it got to 102 and I didn't have a clue. <_< By the time I left the fever went back down to 99. Of course not much they can do-but gave me some cream for some itchy areas on my skin which helped my immune system from over reacting to the burning. Thank God it helped. But does anyone else get fevers? And why does this mostly happen at night?

I know a low grade fever is a symptom of POTS, but 101 seems kind of high if it happens a lot. I get a fever randomly too but it's usually up to 100 and I feel feverish.

Hi Maiysa,

Have you had the autonomic sweat testing done? I ask because the POTS neuro explained to me (although I sweat properly) that for those people with autonomic neuropathy that do not sweat properly, it is important to monitor fevers closely because the neuropathy could cause it or make it worse as those with neuropathy that affects their sweating can not cool themselves correctly. I'm not trying to be scary...I just see that in your signature info, you have auto neuropathy and maybe that is why you run fevers at times.

Katie

I have been running low grade fevers several times a month (99's), but my normal temp is fairly low and even 99 makes me feel horrible. My pcp had me tested for all kinds of stuff just to make sure nothing easily treatable was going on. Does tylenol help bring your fevers down?

Thank you Jenna and Puppylove. Yeah, my average temp is usually 97 to 98, so 99 is high for me. HI Katie, yes, I did have the autonomic sweat test and mine was "0". Doc said they usually get some sweat, but I had no sweat at all. But it's strange, occasionally I will sweat for no reason. I know my thermostat is off. I think I told everyone this already, but my husband has come home a couple of times with me sitting outside and me saying, oh my gosh can you believe it's 60 degrees out and it's December! That's when my husband became concerned and said, honey, it's 27 degrees out, another time it was like 30. I didn't have a clue. But, today it was 64 and it felt so cold outside. Hmmmm Anyhow, thank you for the awesome info, I will tell my doc at Mayo about the fevers just in case. I know when I get a fever, my body goes into some terrible strange reaction that I never had before I had this. So your info makes sense Katie. Thanks again.