For Those Of You With Myoclonus

Alyssa

Where are your jerks most prominent? For me it's mostly in my arms and face, and then also occasionally my legs.

Do you ever jerk while fainted?

Tonight I passed out for several minutes and apparently I was "spazzing out" (according to my friend). I'm assuming I was just getting a lot of myoclonic jerks, it's never been mentioned to me before so I don't know how often it actually happens.

Also, has anyone been diagnosed with actual myoclonic seizures? Doctor says this is what they are looking for at the next neuro appointment. He said they may just be jerks, or they could be seizure related. How do they tell the difference? I'm completely confused and frustrated on the subject.

I have these. I started out in1990 only having nocturnal myoclonus but I had a 2 hour seizure that landed me in the er in march this year. During that I jerked everywhere and my head moved up and down then side to side. Every few minutes, my lungs stopped working and I had to force air in and out. Lucky for me I was my doctor's office when it happened.

Mine are mostly in my legs but occasionally I'll feel it in my gut. The ones in my gut are the strongest.

I've never fainted/lost consciousness in my life and yet I get squeezy just seeing blood. I hear that I just lose all color and I have to sit or lay down.

My seizure appears to have been from a combo of gluten cross contamination and caffeine. I get

super jittery from minute amounts of caffeine but I thought it was normal. Lol

Sorry to hear you're going thru this. Many of us here are gluten sensitive. Tc .. D