Response To Laying Down

Dizzysillyak

The muscles in my upper body including my heart and lungs tighten / constrict when I'm upright so

that when I lay down, I get a huge feeling of relief in these areas. I can count on it taking my upper body an hour to recover now. First the blood rushes back in, then these areas start to untighten. And after an hour I finally feel healthy again. And my upper body is totally relaxed. This pretty much sums

up my life .. Lol ..

I forgot to sat that my heart pounds really strong when I first lay down too. If I've been over exherting

Myself and gotten my heart rate up, I have to sit up till it slows down, then I can lay down. Otherwise

there's too much blood going back into my heart at one time. I have an lbbb.

In trying to understand what was happening when I am upright, I was reading about running marathons the other day and they talked about what happens when

a runner's muscles stop burning glucose and start burning oxygen. If our upper bodies / muscles are deprived of blood, we lose out on nutrients, glucose and oxygen ... I'll have to go get that link because I know there's more to this. Lactic acid comes to mind here.

http://www.runningpl...to-beat-it.html

Could this be what's happening to us with oh ? And does this cause pem ? When I was exercising,

it was obvious that I could do more laying down than sitting or standing.

Fwiw tho. the feeling that blood would literally gush back into my head after laying down was eliminated when I gave up caffeine. And comes right back if I cheat. ( wah .. No chocolate). I still feel

the blood going back in but it's not as intense. Obviously my blood vessels react too strong to caffeine.

I would imagine long term repeat blood loss to our upper bodies is going to lead to weakness in those muscles. Maybe from scar tissue ..

This can't be new info, so is this documented anywhere ? And does everyone feel this ?

Thanks .. D

ETA .. I can see now that the info on avoiding hitting the wall while marathon running won't help us stop this from happening since we're missing out on blood not just glucose ... rats ... but it might explain PEM.

Just wanted to give a quick reply to say that I notice my heart increasing in the first few minutes after laying down (same with sitting up). It seems for me that ANY change in body position causes this increase. The difference is that when I'm laying down it quickly goes away, whereas when I'm sitting it remains, and when I'm standing it progressively increases. I think it is my bodies response in adjusting to the shifting of bodily fluids.

I also definitely notice the overwhelming relief/relaxation when I lay down. Everything stops hurting, my head stops pounding, and all is right in the world, lol :)

Hi rissy,

Laying down is great, isn't it ? I didn't realize how important this is until the last few years. I just love

all this info on the web. Hypoperfusion explains sooooo much.

You said that you can feel your heart increasing. Is that your heartrate or blood volume in your heart ?

Mine's definitely blood volume. I ask because i have no idea why a heartrate would increase upon laying down

but I can picture, and feel, the increased blood volume.

I'm looking at the sinatra protocal again to see if it helps this. Have you tried this ?

Tc .. D