Varicose Veins

RunningWild

I've been questioning the same thing. We just went yesterday to a vein clinic for an evaluation. The laser tx would help with the vericose veins, but my PCP said the blood pooling is likely caused by the deep veins. I haven't decided yet to have the procedure done. We scheduled for February. I'm curious to see if anyone else has tried this.

The problem is, I'm certain that having the procedure would wear me out for the next few days.

I had an EVLT with phlebectomy. I have varicose veins all over the place. Not spider ones, the big bulgy ones. I was having venous stasis problems and they started with one leg and focused on that one because it was worse. I became pregnant and didn't have nearly as many treatments on the other one. The one that wasn't treated is now the one that will become swollen more frequently and more likely to develop venous stasis healing problems. It must have helped something. I was diagnosed with POTS and didn't have a treatment since. I did develop visual disturbances during all my treatments because they lowered my head down below my heart. They determined they were optic migraines. I also developed CP during the Phlebectomy and now that I know I have POTS it was probably from that and all the lido with Epi they gave me to numb the areas! I definitely think my varicose veins contribute to my POTS.

Brye

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to have this done, but after your experience I dont think I would make it! lol. Lido doesnt numb me at all (going to the dentist is torture), and having my head below my heart---I'm pretty sure my head and neck would burst! I get horrible pressure just from bending over... ......it is very interesting about the swelling though, and sounds like a great idea if you can tolerate the procedure!!