Methylpred

Darlene

it's a steroid and just a word of caution, steroids have a lot of adverse effects. I would only use them for life threatening situations. I was put on them for anaphylaxis 6 months ago and have been on steroids since because they caused adrenal insufficiency. Now I am on an extremely slow taper trying to see if my adrenals will start to work again. No fun.

Some people use them no problem, but if I ever get off, will not take them unless it's life/death.

I have taken it a lot. One thing to be careful of is whether or not you take fludrocortisone. I read somewhere that other steroids coupled with flornief can tax out your body. I wanna say cushingoid state but not sure. Also beware that it can cause tachycardia. When I was first diagnosed last year with pots a neurologist thouht I might have ms and have me 3 iv bags full of that stuff-- it was horrible. On the plus side though methylpred cures a lot of weird things like psoriasis etc. Another thing I should probably mention is that it made me hallucinate and feel very wired-- I had to go to the er twice for this and get sedated. But if you need it, you need it. I also don't think the pill form is as bad because it is easier controlled.